Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Five Generations

 Ok, here goes nothin'! My inaugural blog post.


Just before the Thanksgiving holiday, My little Family and I packed up the car and headed East. Our purpose was to visit with our families in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa. On this trip we made it a priority to get the two, 5 generation photos below. Now there are not too many families that I am aware of that have surviving great grandparents @ my age (30 shhhhh) let alone for my daughter the have Great Great Grandma's on both sides of her family. WOW!

This trip was a very trying and emotional trip for me as it was the first time in some 15 years that I have been able to make the pilgrimage to the tiny town of Stitzer, Wisconsin to see my Great grandma Lydia Stitch. It was also in all likelihood, the last time I will get to see her, given the photo below was taken on her 90th birthday and just a couple of weeks after a stay in the hospital that resulted in caner cells being found in her stomach. I wish that we lived closer and had more time, so I could be with my family and support them when the time comes to say goodbye. At least I know they are the same strong women that they have helped me to be and that we will all get through it in time. 

Making memories is tough and life is a shuffle, but we all have to play the hand we are dealt.

Love Always,

Sarah



Left to right: Christie (My Sister), Gloria My Grandmother), ZaBella( My Daughter), Lydia (My Great Grandma), Me, and Susan (My Mommy)

Top Row: Denise (Mother-in-Law), Darlene ( Grandmother-in-law) Middle: ZaBella (Daughter), Damian (My Husband) Bottom: Maxine (Great Grandmother-in-law)





1 comment:

  1. A blogstar is born! Great post dolly. I know it's hard being so isolated. You are the most awesomest lady ever. I'm proud to have known you over half our lives(shhhhh) ;)

    ReplyDelete